SOMArts empowers artists and the multifaceted communities of San Francisco by supporting and producing work that is culturally engaged, deeply social and political and thrillingly experimental. It connects over 2,000 organizations and individuals each year to activate public space citywide and to organize community-building exhibitions, classes, performances and events for over 30,000 at the South of Market Cultural Center.
Exhibitions & Events
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE MAGIC WORD MOTHER TONGUE, March 9–April 6, 2017
- Bushmama Africa in The Ramp Gallery, February 14–March 11, 2017
- Star Amerasu hosts The News, March 7, 2017
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE MAGIC WORD MOTHER TONGUE Opening Reception, March 9, 6–9pm
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE MAGIC WORD MOTHER TONGUE Film Screening, March 18
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE MAGIC WORD MOTHER TONGUE Closing Reception, April 6
Our versatile space—including 3 classrooms, a 99-seat theater, exhibition space and capacity up to 1,000—is available to rent for theatrical productions, benefits, social and cultural events. Street fairs, festivals and outdoor events can rent ADA-compliant staging, lifts, PA systems, tents and scaffolding. SOMArts also offers fiscal sponsorship and free professional development.
Whether you can offer a one time or recurring gift, or share your time and skills by volunteering, you can have a lasting impact on the people and programs who come together to create this valuable community resource. Get involved and ensure that SOMArts continues as a vital home for art, cultural learning and connectivity.